Monday, February 1, 2010

The calm before the storm..

February 2010 is going to be an eventful one for the Tieks.

Right now we are just waiting.... waiting for this baby girl to come any day and waiting to close on our new house. Yep, we are crazy enough to close on a house the week we are due. And although we get lots of comments from people like "Wow, how did he talk you into that?" It really wasn't something Steve talked me into. Basically, we found a bank owned home in our neighborhood (we weren't even looking to move), it looked fun to remodel - lots of potential, we submitted a low ball offer to the bank, they countered but we still got a great deal and somehow we were able to get financed. Everything just fell into place.

I'm not really stressed about the whole thing. We're ready for our next project and ready to have more room for our growing little family. Although we thought our next move would take us north (sorry to disappoint some of you), but just remember to pack a lunch when you come visit all the way down here. :)


6 comments:

Julie said...

Al! That is so exciting! Your new house is so beautiful, and you guys always do such awesome remodels. Congratulations!

Barb said...

Wow, no kidding, this will be an exciting month!!

Candice Baird said...

YAY you made it to February! That picture of Cohen and you is adorable, although I'd love to see your face too. I'm excited for your new adventures and VERY happy you are staying down here. I need to see the house in the "before" stage, just like I did your current house. So let me know when you close.
Good luck with everything!

Paul, Kami and Henry said...

The move and a new baby sounds very exciting! I hope she comes soon. I've secretly been stalking your blog in hopes to find pictures of the baby girl!

Oh, and the belly/Cohen picture is adorable! I love it.

Brookie C. said...

your house is so cute! you guys will make it even cuter too I'm sure! I realized after we talked on the phone that you said something about buying a house and it didn't really cross my mind till a few min. later! yeah I'm becoming increadibly slow these days! but YAY, I hope your babe comes soon and good luck with everything!

lindsay said...

when i saw the picture of your house before....it looked like it was white siding! Wow...the brick looks great!