Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Emerson's Blessing

Sunday we blessed Emerson and it turned out to be a beautiful day (unfortunately, I can't say the same about today). It was so great to have our friends and family come support our little girl. Although she looks angry in the picture, she did a lot of smiling that day.



This is the dress she was blessed in and it was also my blessing dress. After all these years of imagining having a daughter to bless in my dress, it was a surreal day looking at my little girl actually wearing it.



And this is a quick update on our house. As I've mentioned, we've taken out a few walls and put in a couple but mostly we've painted, which has taken forever and we haven't even done the entire house. So again, this is the before.

And after.

In addition to painting, before we moved in we had some drywallers in to skim coat the main floor and up the stairs so that we could get rid of the orange peel walls. I know a lot of people might think we're crazy for doing such a thing but it makes a huge difference and it didn't end up costing that much. And while we have professional drywallers, we might as well keep them busy so we had a electrician come in a wire several can lights, art lights and sconces. Lighting also makes a huge difference.

The hallway going upstairs now has four sweet sconces (on a dimmer switch, of course) rather than the one terrible light at the top of the stairs.


And now to the most pathetic room in our house...

I've done a lot of blog stalking and I've seen several ridiculously cute little girls' rooms with perfectly coordinated cribs, bumpers, changing tables, dressers, rugs, and gliders. Well, Emmy does not have one of these rooms. This is her sad little room (that she doesn't sleep in). Someday it will be cute and actually decorated but it probably be awhile.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations, Emerson, you're official! The house is looking great, guys! We'll have to make the trip down to see it (and Emme) in person! As for the nursery, I hear ya, sister. It's just hard to get everything done (especially when the baby sleeps in your room anyway!) Charlie's nursery wasn't "finished" until he was at least 7 or 8 months old.

Diane said...

Congrats! Al-you look great so does em and so does the house. You guys are amazing. Hope all is well.

lindsay said...

How did you get smiling pics already?????? I love that little tongue. I'm excited to hold her and have C and Milli play!

luv u

♥ sarah said...

omg your kids are adorable!! they could be little children models! too cute, and i LOVE the blessing dress. your house is looking great! keep up the good work! xoxo

Paul, Kami and Henry said...

Wow, I'm in love with what you guys have done to your house! It's perfect. And Emmy looks so precious in your blessing dress.

Tiff-E said...

Those are some great pics! You guys are so great at designing and decorating, things are totally looking awesome at your house, and your little Emme, well, she's a keeper, that is for sure, her little smile is gorgeous...I'm still trying to get down to see you and meet her!!!